AmigaOS 4.1 for Classic Amigas is the latest Amiga Operating System for A1200, A3000(T) and A4000(T) computers equipped with Cyberstorm PPC or Blizzard PPC accelerator boards.
Bring your Classic Amiga up to date: this much awaited system software updates your Classic Amiga to the latest AmigaOS 4.1 (Update 2) standard.
Supplied on Amiga CD with Boot Installation Floppy Disk, two printed manuals and box.
Some of the main Classic developments are:
- Improved bootloader with large table MMU support
- Updated kernel offering increased stability in low memory conditions
- Support for virtual memory via harddisk paging
- ZorRAM and DKB 3128 support as memory pagers
- Improved (future proof) Mediator support with Radeon 9200 and 9250 using up to 256MB of video memory (correct voltage graphics card required)
- Support for PCI sound card (ESS SOLO-1 based cards)
- Warp3D hardware acceleration support for Radeon, Voodoo 3/4/5 and Cybervision / Blizzardvision PPC (stable beta version for Permedia2-based cards)
- DDC automatic monitor detection for Radeon and Voodoo 3
- Hardware compositing engine (Radeon only) with software fall-back
- Native FastATA driver support.
- Selected SATA PCI card support.
- Intelligent Installer for PCI / Zorro with automatic AGA fallback support
- New classic styled Bootlogo and Backdrops
The minimum requirements are:
- An Amiga 1200, 3000(T), or 4000(T) with Blizzard PPC or Cyberstorm PPC accelerator card
- Minimum 96MB memory installed on Blizzard PPC or Cyberstorm PPC
- Kickstart 3.0 ROMS
- IDE or SCSI CD-ROM drive (on Cyberstorm PPC) for installation
- 1GB hard disk drive on IDE internal port or Cyberstorm PPC SCSI
- Amiga 880K Floppy Disc Drive
The recommended configuration (in addition to the minimum) is:
- Prometheus or Mediator PCI BusBoard with a compatible Radeon graphics card
- RTL8029 based PCI Network card
- ZorRAM 128MB or 256MB Zorro 3 Memory card (or other compatible Zorro 3 memory card) (Amiga 3/4000 only)
- 20GB or larger hard disk drive on Cyberstorm PPC SCSI or internal IDE port
- 256MB RAM (Blizzard PPC only)
Notes: Radeon graphics card support limited to Mediator PCI busboards only at present- this possibly will be extended to Prometheus PCI in future updates.